As we know, in the food, drink and catering industries there are laws which must be adhered to so every business should make provision for any situation and they should also have confidence that their service provider is always working hard and within the demanding criteria set by H.S.E. and the Food Standards Agency.
Don’t jeopardise your FSA rating or your reputation. Please ensure that you are working with reputable professional service providers who are experts on fridge trailer and freezer trailer hire and work in accordance with standards.
It’s recommended that you consider these points:
- Are the fridge and freezer trailers lockable?
- Are the cold rooms and freezer rooms secure?
- How many keys do clients receive?
- Do you need to obtain insurance for your hired unit?
- Can you drive your own vehicle and tow the trailer?
- Are fridge trailers and freezer trailers suitable for horse and county shows?
- What power do the hire units require?
- Can a generator be supplied?
- Can you store ice in a fridge trailer or cold room?
- If the supplier tells you that refrigeration van hire is a better option, ask them why because the generally accepted view is that they are less cost effective.
Answers, broadly speaking:
Yes, the units should be lockable with one or two keys provided to the client.
The fridge trailer/freezer trailer itself should be insured but stock within it won’t be.
Self-towing of a fridge trailer is not permitted by many companies as they deliver and collect the trailer, saving the hassle of finding a suitable towing vehicle and the insurance to cover it.
Fridge trailers are eminently suitable for horse and country shows, festivals and outdoor events.
Fridge and freezer trailers require around 3kw either through electrical mains or generator. Ask the service provider about generator availability.
Ice can be stored for hours in a fridge trailer without it defrosting to an unusable degree.
Fridge vans are generally less cost effective and efficient than fridge trailer hire. Clients incur fuel costs and travel time which makes them less desirable.
- Selecting refrigeration van hire instantly increases the cost of hire and for some this may be prohibitive. Vehicles also break down.
- Van hire would change the nature of the operation. Fridge trailer and freezer trailer hire includes delivery, set up and collection. Van hire would necessitate a pick up and drop off at the service provider’s premises and subsequently it costs the client valuable time. Would you rather spend time on the transport network or attending to core business needs?
- A fridge trailer is less expensive because the competition locally and nationally has pushed prices to a customer friendly level. You’re hiring a facility not a vehicle and that makes a staggering difference to expenditure. Van hire would mean fuel charges for every client.
- Delivery and collection for fridge trailer hire from reputable companies usually employs regularly serviced and maintained vehicles and all emergency equipment is carried on board. It’s low risk.
To find out more about fridge and freezer trailer hire (as opposed to refrigerated van hire), why not consult Ice Cool Trailers? They have years of experience in the mobile refrigeration industry and offer some very keen prices.